Learning and Development Officer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to join our People and Culture team. Reporting to Council’s Coordinator People and Culture, this role will coordinate and administer end to end learning and development administration for the entire organisation. Key focus areas of the position include supporting learning and organisational development initiatives and programs, and assisting with the development and coordination of Council’s annual corporate training plan.
Council will consider both part time and full time working arrangements, and will discuss preferred working arrangements with shortlisted candidates at interview stage.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Certificate IV in Human Resource Management, Learning, Business Administration or other related discipline
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of learning and development programs.
- Proven high level communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to build rapport and provide support and guidance.
- Demonstrated highly developed customer service skills and the capacity to resolve issues with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and planning skills including an ability to prioritise a wide a range of tasks with minimal supervision.
- An annual full time salary range of $66,400 to $76,200 (plus 11% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- 19 day month working arrangement (for full time staff only).
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Friday 1 March 2024
Fran Summerfield | Manager People and Culture | 02 6686 1496
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.