Stormwater / Floodplain Engineer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an enthusiastic and appropriately experienced professional to join our Engineering Works team. Reporting to the Manager Engineering Works, the position is responsible for implementing and monitoring Council’s floodplain management and for planning and managing Council’s stormwater program, drainage assets and systems to achieve consistency with Council’s asset management framework and the objectives of Council’s Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
To be successful you will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Civil Engineering / Environmental Engineer.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in applying civil engineering and environmental principles and practices, specifically as they relate to stormwater, drainage and floodplain management.
- Proven sound knowledge of drainage analysis including the ability to utilise computer based modelling programs to analyse stormwater networks.
- Proven sound knowledge of floodplain assessment including the ability to utilise/understand computer based modelling programs to analyse flood impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to brief and manage service providers including consultants, contractors and temporary staff.
- Proven sound project investigation and design skills associated with civil engineering construction and operations.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, including high level ability to negotiate and consult on complex matters and provide technical advice and community information and services through effective written and verbal communication.
- An annual salary range of $98,600 to $113,100 (plus 11% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- Leaseback vehicle.
- Support toward relocation expenses.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Paul Busmanis | Manager Engineering Works | 02 6686 1241
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.