Project Engineer - Roads
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council’s Engineering Works section is seeking a motivated, experienced and qualified Project Engineer - Roads.
Reporting to the Manager Engineering Works, the position is responsible for developing pre-construction programs and undertaking civil works planning to support the timely provision of infrastructure associated with civil works programs as outlined in the Delivery Program. A key responsibility of the position will be to manage the staff and operations of Council’s heavy vehicle inspection team, known as NEWLOG (North East Weight of Loads Group).
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, such as Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- Demonstrated professional experience in program and project management, and civil works estimating, planning, design, construction and operations.
- Demonstrated professional experience in managing civil projects, budgets and people in order to achieve desired outcomes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to brief and manage service providers including consultants, contractors and temporary staff.
- Proven sound project investigation and design skills associated with civil engineering operations.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including high level ability to negotiate and consult on complex matters and provide technical advice and community information and services through effective written and verbal communication.
- An annual salary range of $98,600 to $113,100 (plus 11% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- Leaseback vehicle.
- Support toward the cost of relocation associated with recruitment.
- 19 day month flexible work arrangement.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Friday 1 March 2024
Paul Busmanis | Manager Engineering Works | 02 6686 1241
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.