Executive Support Officer - Planning and Environmental Health
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a dedicated and appropriately experienced individual to provide high level administration support to Council's Director Planning and Environmental Health. The position will provide a high level of administration assistance to the Director to support the effective functioning of the Division. A key focus of the position will be to support the Director in the actioning of tasks in accordance with identified timeframes and customer service requirements.
The hours of work for this part time position are 21 hours per week.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Certificate in Secretarial Studies or Business Practice or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of executive support at senior management level.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products together with a minimum accurate typing speed of 50wpm.
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- An annual part time salary range of $39,800 to $45,700 (plus 11% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Monday 19 February 2024
Matthew Wood | Director Planning and Environmental Health | 02 6686 1289
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.