Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a part time employment opportunity for a suitably experienced, efficient and customer focused individual to join Council's Financial Services team. This role is responsible for supporting the Financial Services Section to provide efficient and effective creditor accounting services in line with statutory requirements and Council’s policies and procedures.
Hours of work for this part time position are 14 hours per week.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Demonstrated recent experience in a relevant finance field including data entry and reconciliations.
- Proven ability to manage a high volume workload while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated well developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the use of the Microsoft Office package, finance specific software and other corporate software.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high level customer service, both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- An annual part time salary range of $22,700 to $26,100 (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Sunday 18 June 2023
Linda Coulter | Manager Financial Services | 02 6686 1288
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.