Customer Service Officer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an appropriately experienced and motivated individual to professionally represent Council in this frontline position. The position is responsible for serving our community and maintaining an excellent public image through the provision of quality customer service across all functions of Council.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Completion of HSC and/or TAFE certificate in relevant field and/or extensive relevant work experience in a similar field.
- Proven highly developed customer service skills with experience in a face-to-face customer service role, including cash handling and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Proven excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- An annual salary range of $56,800 to $65,200 (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Sunday 21 August 2022
Krishna Black | Team Leader Customer Service | 02 6686 1430
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.