Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is offering a permanent employment opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work effectively as part of a small team under a roster arrangement to complete the cleaning and maintenance of Council’s public amenities and facilities on recreational areas and Council assets throughout the Ballina Shire.
Cleaning services are required seven days per week, 365 days per year with the four cleaning positions working on a roster basis to achieve this delivery.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Proven experience in commercial cleaning and/or cleaning of public amenities.
- Demonstrated understanding of hygiene cleaning processes and safe handling procedures for sharps and cleaning products.
- Proven good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A salary range of $49,400 to $56,700 (plus 10.5% superannuation and relevant penalty rates and allowances) dependent upon skills and experience.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.