Plant Operator - Specialist (grader)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and competent Grader operator to join its road construction team. The successful candidate will have specialist competence in the operation of a grader, with the ability to operate a range of other plant items in an efficient and effective manner to comply with Council safety, environmental, risk management and quality systems to achieve work program objectives
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Class C driver licence with the ability to operate manual transmission and a good and safe driving record.
- Demonstrated high level competence in the operation of a grader in a civil construction and maintenance working environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in road construction and maintenance duties associated with roads and roadsides.
- A salary range of $56,800 to $65,200 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Paul Crozier | Works Engineer | 02 6686 1243
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.