Apprentice Civil Construction (Concrete)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in beginning a career in Civil Construction. This is an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of concreting and concrete works related to civil construction; road construction and maintenance, stormwater, public pathways and cycle ways, and other elements of the Civil Construction industry through the Ballina Shire Council.
If you love working outdoors and want to contribute to the infrastructure in your local shire, get the ball rolling and apply now!
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates council’s values: creative, accessible, respect, energetic, safe.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both oral and written.
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of general labouring and maintenance duties.
- Year 10 Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Enjoys working in physically demanding environments
- Construction Industry Induction ticket (white card)
- Class C driver licence with the ability to operate manual transmission (desirable but not essential)
- A commitment to the principles and practices of work health and safety.
- Presents a positive image of the council to the public.
This apprentice position is engaged by Council through Group Training Organisation, Novaskill. Applications need to be made directly to Novaskill - refer to the 'How to apply' section below.
11.30pm on Tuesday 9 November 2021
Novaskill Group Training Team | 02 6600 3000 | Recruitment@novaskill.com.au
Further information can be found on Novaskill's webpage.
How to apply
PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE BELOW APPLICATION FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP POSITION. The recruitment process for this position is managed by Group Training Organisation, Novaskill. Applications must be made directly to Novaskill - APPLY NOW.