Plant Operator (road patching crew)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of Council's road maintenance team, this position is responsible for operating a truck and a range of other plant and machinery items to assist in the completion of section projects. Although the position of Plant Operator will be required to rotate between work crews, this position will predominantly be placed within Council’s patching truck crew. A key responsibility of the position will therefore be to conduct a variety of associated labouring duties.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Class MR driver licence with relevant operational experience and a good and safe driving record.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of various plant items (such as tractor/slasher, roller, front end loader, backhoe, etc.) and basic mechanical knowledge.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in road construction and maintenance duties associated with roads and roadsides.
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to perform a range of physical labouring duties.
- A salary range of $52,200 to $59,900 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30 pm on Monday 18 October 2021
Paul Crozier | Works Engineer | 02 6686 1243
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.