Waste Management Officer - side arm truck operator
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an enthusiastic and appropriately licenced truck driver with the ability to safely and efficiently operate a single driver garbage truck to ensure the collection of all garbage and recycling bins is performed in a timely and professional manner. Reporting to the Coordinator Waste Management, this position will also assist with a variety of other duties to ensure the efficient delivery of waste management services to the community, while maintaining a professional and courteous public image.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council's values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Current class HR (Heavy Rigid) driver licence and relevant operation experience, with a good and safe driving record.
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to undertake physical labouring duties.
- Proven good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness and ability to work rostered shifts; including regular work outside normal working hours.
- A salary range of $52,200 to $59,900 per annum (plus 10% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Wednesday 27 October 2021
Lloyd Isaacson | Manager Resource Recovery | 02 6681 0561
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.