Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an appropriately qualified and experienced professional to join our Financial Services team. Reporting to the Manager Financial Services, the position of Financial Accountant is responsible for providing a high level of assistance in the effective financial management of Council through overseeing Council’s accounting functions and the work of finance staff.
The position will lead and motivate a team to deliver quality financial services and projects consistent with Council’s vision and the objectives.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in financial management or similar discipline.
- Proven experience in the areas of annual financial statement preparation, capital project accounting, corporate/business planning, cost accounting and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting standards.
- Demonstrated well developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in the use of accounting software and the Microsoft Office suite, with a high level of competency using Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and coordination, including the ability to lead and manage performance to achieve work goals and legislative compliance.
- An annual salary range of $90,700 to $104,000 (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Sunday 23 May 2021
Linda Coulter | Manager Financial Services | 02 6686 1288
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.