Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced professional to join Council's Development Services team. Reporting to the Coordinator Development Assessment, this senior position is responsible for providing a high level of professional advice and support in the provision of development assessment and compliance services to meet community needs and achieve planning outcomes.
A key aspect of this senior role will require you to work closely with the Manager to provide supervisory support to junior planning staff and to ensure section goals and objectives are achieved.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Town Planning or related discipline.
- Demonstrated extensive professional experience in development assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Local Government Act.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- Proven ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to prepare and present technical reports and submissions.
- An annual salary range of $90,700 to $104,000 (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30 pm on Friday 12 March 2021
Andrew Smith | Manager Development Services | 02 6686 1249
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.