Customer Service and Administration Officer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an appropriately experienced and motivated individual to professionally represent Council in this frontline position. The position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to the Shire’s community and visitors at Council's administration building and visitor information centre.
The hours of work for this part time position are 50 hours per fortnight to be worked as follows:
BSC Administration Building – 21 hours per week spread across three days being Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Visitor Information Centre – eight hours per fortnight to be worked every second Saturday.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Completion of TAFE (or equivalent) certificate in a relevant field and/or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated highly developed customer service skills with experience in a face-to-face customer service role, and in cash handling and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Proven excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, with solid time management and organisational skills.
- An annual part time salary range of $40,000 to $45,900 inclusive of applicable penalty rates (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30 pm on Friday, 24 January 2020
Caroline Klose | Manager Communications | 02 6686 1296
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.