Executive Support Officer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an appropriately experienced and motivated individual to provide high level administration support to Council's Director Corporate and Community and Director Planning and Environmental Health. A key focus of this part time position will be to support both Directors in the actioning of tasks in accordance with identified timeframes and customer service requirements.
The hours of work for this part time position are 21 hours per week.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Certificate in Secretarial Studies or Business Practice or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of executive support at senior management level.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products together with a minimum accurate typing speed of 50wpm.
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- An annual part time salary range of $36,100 to $41,400 (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30 pm on Friday, 31 January 2020
Linda Coulter | Acting Director Corporate and Community | 02 6686 1288
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.