Trainee Customer Service Officer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to start a career in the customer service industry and complete a relevant vocational qualification. The successful candidate will gain valuable customer service, communication and administration skills through working in a frontline position and receiving on the job training from an experienced team.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Enrolled in, or willingness to complete, a TAFE Certificate Business Administration or relevant field and a demonstrated interest in working in a frontline customer service role.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high level professional face-to-face customer service
- Previous experience in cash handling and a willingness to complete a criminal history check.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A salary range of $46,500 to $53,300 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon progression through qualification, skills and experience.
- Payment of relevant vocational qualification.
- Additional training and development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Peta Atkins | Team Leader Customer Service | 02 6686 1455
Friday, 9 March 2018
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.