Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to plan and develop Council’s maintenance programs within the asset management framework and coordinate the delivery of civil infrastructure maintenance programs in line with Council’s Delivery Program.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in the coordination of civil construction and/or maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of civil construction and maintenance techniques, including emerging practices and technology.
- Proven effective communication skills, both oral and written, including report writing.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including works programming and use of Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Demonstrated contract management experience.
- Proven experience in budget development and administration.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff and an understanding of effective team leadership and management.
- Demonstrated experience in and competence with the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- A salary range of $79,400 to $91,100 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills and experience.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Paul Busmanis | Manager Engineering Works | 02 6686 1241
Friday, 23 February 2018
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.