Town Planner (Graduate)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a great opportunity for a recent graduate or candidate nearing completion of study in a Town Planning or related qualification to join our Development Services Team. You will be a member of a professional supportive team and will assist the section in delivering quality development assessment and compliance services for Council and our community. In this role you will assist with the assessment of planning proposals and development assessment functions to achieve planning outcomes in line with Council policy and legislative requirements.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Recent or substantial completion of a degree in Town Planning or a related field.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven competency with the Microsoft Office suite, namely Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team that has a focus on delivering quality customer service.
- A salary range of $57,300 to $74,100 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Andrew Smith | Manager Development Services | 02 6686 1249
Friday, 2 March 2018
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.