Waste Education Officer (part-time, fixed-term 12 months)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced educator passionate for the waste management industry to develop, coordinate and deliver promotional programs to:
- educate the community on sustainable environmental practices about recycling, reuse, waste minimisation, disposal and other Council initiatives.
- influence and improve changes in behaviour patterns with residents, visitors, businesses, schools and the broader community about recycling, reuses, waste minimisation, disposal and other Council initiatives.
The part-time position is a grant funded placement for a fixed term of up to 12 months.
To be successful you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Education, Communications or related disciplines.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering community communication and engagement projects aimed at facilitating widespread behaviour change.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of waste management.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and the ability to undertake a number of projects simultaneously.
- Proven excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to deliver presentations, workshops and foster participation in the implementation of waste education programs and initiatives.
- Proven commitment to the provision of courteous and professional customer service.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in the MS Office suite of software.
- A salary range of $25,800 to $29,600 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Friday, 16 February 2018
Cheyne Willebrands | Manager Open Spaces and Reserves | 02 6686 1230
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.